My Adventure Through Our Family Tree Branches

For over 50 years my Dad researched both his and my Mom's family tree branches - and loved every minute of it! Trying to fulfill the promise I made him the last month of his life, I have spent the past four years continuing where he left off - finding out about all the many family members who came before us, from the many branches of our family trees. The histories will still be published as my Dad always wanted. But what he wanted most was to share the stories of the people who came before us - the places they lived, the cultures of the times, the families they created, and the circumstances - good and bad - that would one day lead to us, their descendants. These are the stories of my Mom's families. . . .

Surnames in this Blog

BRUNETT, DeGRUY, DeLERY, FLEMMING, FORTIER, FRISSE, HORST, HUBER, JACKSON, McCAFFREY, McCLUSKEY, O'DONNELL, WEINSCHENK



Monday, July 18, 2011

MONDAY'S MILITARY - Georg Huber (1880-1934)

German Troops during World War I
Georg Huber (standing, 2nd from right)


Georg Huber
(1880-1934)
Georg Huber, my 1st cousin three times removed, was born in Alzey, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany, on March 20, 1880. His father, Georg Huber (1838-1926), was the brother of Phillip Huber (1847-1901) - my great-great-Grandfather. Their parents were Georg Huber (1809-1900) and Eva Katherina Fauth (1807-1875), my 3rd-great-grandparents. The Hubers lived in Florsheim, Hessen, Germany.

Phillip Huber left Germany and came to America about 1868, settled in Bowling Green, Kentucky and married Barbara Brunett (1852-1896). Phillip worked as a miller and together they had seven children. After Barbara's death, Phillip and their four surviving children moved to Bessemer, Alabama. Phillip's daughter Mary (1873-1913) married John Martin O'Donnell (1865-1937) and together they had four children, including my maternal grandfather John Huber O'Donnell (1905-1964).


Georg Huber
"Mineral water & Lemonade Factory"
Phillip's brother Georg, their parents and remaining siblings remained in Germany. Georg married Margaretha Schollenberger (1852-1921) and they had one child, Georg. Georg served in the military and fought in World War I. He survived the war, married Phillipina Regner (1882-1976) and they had one daughter, Anna Katherina Huber (1914-1985), my second cousin, twice removed. Georg died on April 8, 1934 in his hometown of Alzey, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment